I Need More Hours in a Day...Or A Better Schedule!


Can I please have more hours in the day, please? I really, really need it! It seems as each day passes, I am busier then the day before. I have more things on my “To Do” list then I have hours in the day. Every day, something (or sometimes, several things) are not done that really need to get done. I am trying to balance raising three children, nursing and caring for a four-month old, homeschooling, my college homework, Church and Church activities, socializing, running two businesses (Scentsy and Avon), errands, cooking (thankfully my husband loves to cook), cleaning, family time, prayer time, Bible study, and so on. I just can’t get it all done and I am often skipping out on important things.

Okay…I know I can get it done, but I don’t know how. I have seen mothers who can truly juggle it all. They work-at-home, raise many children (they make my family look tiny), homeschool, cook, clean, sew, volunteer, and are active in Church! They have the juggling act down perfectly. Now, I want to learn how to do that too! I know I am busy but I am not too busy. I know I can get everything done and stay sane. How do I get organized and create a schedule that is realistic but effective?

I am on a mission to conquer this craziness and take control of my schedule. I need to be more effective and get my lists done. I can do it all and I will. My plan is to search online and find some scheduling and time management advice. Then, I plan to tackle a new schedule by Monday and stick to it! I am finishing my finals on Friday and then have two weeks off so it is a perfect time to buckle down and make this happen. Any suggestions?

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Brea said...

I make a list every morning on the whiteboard so that I know what I need to accomplish-it seems to help ;)


Following you from Bloggy Moms.

Brea
www.becomingbrea.com

Unknown said...

Whew! Your life is a whirlwind - but y'know what I'm struck by looking at your blog? The smiles on your children's faces. The time you take to be with your kids in nature. The effort you are making to get your Katie the care she needs. The desire you have to better yourself with new knowledge and skills.

I know you don't know me, so this may not mean much -- but it seems you've got the best things marked off your to-do list. Take care!

Post a Comment